Projects: I am currently polishing a collection of translations of a few of Jean-Michel Espitallier's books and hope to locate a publisher. Anyone interested please do contact me!
FORTHCOMING TRANSLATIONS of French texts in BOOKS or MAGAZINES (Print and Online):
▪ Texts by Jean-Michel Espitallier from the READ seminar 2014, forthcoming in READ (Magazine) winter/spring 2017
PUBLISHED TRANSLATIONS of BOOKS or of texts in MAGAZINES (Print and Online):
▪ Prose poem: “Fiction IV” by Virginie Poitrasson, in Paris Lit Up, Fall 2015.
▪ Poems: “extracts from Architecture / Cement” by Michaël Batalla, in Paris Lit Up, Fall 2015.▪ A series of poems and project preface by Michaël Batalla, translated for ECDM architects’ monography CONCRETEUNLTD, (ISBN 9788968010248), éditions DAMDI, 2014.
▪ Prose Poem co-translated with Michelle Noteboom and Anne Kawala: “Of late ideas…” by Etel Adnan, for a bilingual issue of French magazine, RoToR, issue “en counter”, n° 13, Februrary 2014. Magazine at http://anne.kawala.free.fr/rotor2.html and PDF of poem at http://corner.as.corner.free.fr/RTR13-Etel-Adnan.pdf
▪ Prose Poem co-translated with Anne Kawala: “extract from Gadjo Migrandt” by Patrick Beurard-Valdoye, for a bilingual issue of French magazine, RoToR, issue “Migrant”, n° 9, April 2013. Magazine at http://anne.kawala.free.fr/rotor2.html and PDF of poem at http://corner.as.corner.free.fr/RTR9-1-Patrick-Beurard-Valdoye.pdf
▪ Poem co-translated with Anne Kawala: “Beyond the Sea, the End of the Poem” by Dominique Casajus,for a bilingual issue of French magazine, RoToR, issue “Migrant”, n° 9, April 2013. Magazine at http://anne.kawala.free.fr/rotor2.html and PDF of poem at http://corner.as.corner.free.fr/RTR9-4-Dominique-Casajus.pdf
▪ Poems: “Nightengale” and “Thufuttlingur”, by Jacques Demarcq in Nth Position, at: http://www.nthposition.com/translationofjacques.php , July 2011.
▪ Poems: 22 poems by Albane Gellé for a photography book and art installation, print and recording, fall 2010.
▪ Poem from “58 Propositions on Life and Death” by Jean-Michel Espitallier in Action,Yes, online quarterly, V. 1, issue 12 at: http://www.actionyes.org/issue12/dick-espitallier/dick1.html Winter 2010 issue.
▪ Poems: 11 poems by Albane Gellé from “A sound of glass in her” in the France issue from Ekleksographia (from Ahadadabooks): http://ekleksographia.ahadadabooks.com/france/authors/Albane%20Gelle.html Summer 2010.
▪ Poems: 4 prose poems by Jérôme Mauche in Upstairs at Duroc, n° 11, Paris, January 2010.
▪ Poems: 3 prose poems from “A sound of glass in her”(pp 72-73) by Albane Gellé in Versal, n° 7, Amsterdam, Netherlands, May 2009.
▪ Poems (28pages) co-translated with Barbara Beck and Rufo Quintavalle: “Passage la traversée” by Christophe Lamiot Enos, in la revue 104, Paris, online October 2008 : http://www.104larevue.fr/ and then in print format May 2009.
▪ Poems: 3 prose poems from “A sound of glass in her” by Albane Gellé in Conduit, N° 19, MN, Feb. 2008.
▪ Poems: “Night II” and “Night III” by Christophe Lamiot Enos in New European Poets anthology, section edited by Marilyn Hacker, anthology ed. Kevin Prufer, Graywolf Press, Minnesota, 2008.
▪ Interview: “Un Système Latéral” from fin, n°13, 2002 (pp 13-31) as “Interview” between Jean Daive andClaude Royet-Journoud (pp202-227), in Verse “French Poetry & Poetics” issue, v 24, n° 1-3, August 2007.
▪ Poem: “Tristan Commentaries” (p135) by László Bárdos, from Hungarian, in La Traductière, n°25, June 2007.
▪ Chapbook: Silences, by Jacques de Longeville for bilingual edition, Estepa Editions, Paris, May 2007.
▪ Poems “Night II” and “Night III” (p84) by Christophe Lamiot Enos in Tears in the Fence, N°44, Devon, UK, November 2006.
▪ Interviews & Excerpts from poetry book “entre-corps” by Rémi Bouthonnier, along with By Way of Introduction and my selection as guest editor of a section on contemporary French poetry for “France” issue of www.chicagopostmodernpoetry.com Oct 2005 (click on “France” or the flag to see work).