Saturday, May 25, 2019

Some little announcements from last summer

Credit: Aflo/Naturepl.com from BBC Earth article
As summer gets underway, I find I am back at writing the "nautical" poems, fittingly as I sit here next to the sea on Koh Phangan island in Thailand. But I am also getting around to sending out the ones I completed last summer, extracts which I read throughout the year in places such as Naropa University in CO, The New Orleans Poetry Festival or Berkeley Books of Paris. These are poems I polished over the year and, exciting news, the first of these Mean Low Water will be appearing with Estepa Editions, France as a mini-chapbook (Kate Van Houten is trying to decide whether these are a "Pocket Poemsé" series--of fold-open affordable artbooks printed in limited runs for the press) which will be out sometime in fall 2019.

Kate and I are also proposing a collaborative version of some other works from this collection to presses in the USA--so fingers crossed!!

On a more significant level, plese keep watching for news regarding the 2020 appearance of the full length books That Which I Touch Has No Name from Eyewear in London, UK and Lilith: A Novel in Verse from Corrupt Books 2019. Thank you Todd Swift and Dylan Harris for your confidence in my work and publications of these works.

No comments: